Marriage in Sweden
Since 2009 Sweden has a sex neutral marriage regulations, whichimplies that very same sex married couples may acquire wed under the very same problems as contrary sex couples. As an international resident without residency in Sweden you can, sometimes, likewise receive married in Sweden.
Requirements and methods when getting married
You put on’ t need to stay( possess residency) in Sweden or even possess aswedish womencitizenship to get wed in Sweden. If neither of the two possess Swedishcitizenship or even post degree residency in Sweden, they need possess post degree residency (or even one possess citizenship and also the various other one possess residency) in a country where same sexual activity relationship or marital relationship is legal.
Inquiry in to detriments to relationship
Before a couple may marry, the SwedishIncome Tax Firm (Skatteverket) should perform an inquiry right into detriments of marital relationship (hindersprövning). The bride and groom must submit a created demand to the SwedishTax Agency. Application, unfortunately simply in Swedish, could be located at the Company’ s site.
According to Swedishrule, the adhering to are actually thought about inhibitions to marital relationship:
- being under the grow older of 18 (the County Administrative Panel (Länsstyrelsen) can easily grant an exemption coming from this policy)
- being married or even registered as partner to an individual other than the one you are about to marry
- being closely pertaining to the individual you’ re going to wed; a linear direct ascendant or even descendant or even a total sibling. Taken on siblings are looked at full siblings by the regulation, however can acquire authorization to wed from the Area Administrative Board, to marry.
When the SwedishTax obligation Organization has created the inquiry you obtain a certificate showing that the questions is actually accomplished and, if all works out, a marital relationship certificate. The certification holds for 4 months coming from the day of qualification. The certificates are actually to become given to the official administering the marriage ceremony.
Foreigners not residing in Sweden
If bothare actually immigrants not living in Sweden, they might just obtain wed if bothof them possess a legal right to get married to or enroll a collaboration depending on to the regulation of the state were they have residency or citizenship. It’ s sufficient if eachof all of them have residency, or even some of all of them possesses citizenship and the other one has residency, in a country were the bride and groom possess a lawful right to marry or enroll a collaboration.
If among the them is actually a swedish women consumer or even have residency in Sweden, they might marry in Sweden regardless of whether the other spouse possesses residency or even citizenship in a country were it’ s prohibited for same-sex pairs to obtain married/register a collaboration.
The individual without an official connection to Sweden should (in connection withthe submitting of the composed request for a questions right into inhibitions of marital relationship) create an individual browse throughto a Tax obligation Organization office to provide information regarding birthplace, country of origin, citizenship, sex, marital condition and, if needed, provide a record of splitting up or even a fatality certification of a previous partner.
In instances where none of the prospective spouses possess an official hookup, bothof all of them have to submit either:
- a relationship certificate released througha competent authorization in their state of citizenship or even post degree residency, or
- a certificate showing the relevant guidelines of law in eachof their conditions of citizenship or post degree residency and also a certification presenting their marital status. The certifications are actually merely legitimate when provided throughan experienced authorization in the condition to whichthey relate, or througha qualified home authorization in Sweden (suchas a consulate or various other equivalent authority).
None of the certificates might be mucholder than 4 months.